By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thoughts

I took last weekend off from blogging so that I could concentrate on enjoying and learning from General Conference. I thought the talks given were so good and so helpful!

The audio, video, and text archives are online
here. I think it's wonderful that they get those online so quickly so we can go back and review the talks and think more about their messages.

There is so much to the gospel. It helps me that every six months we have General Conference so that we can hear these messages. They can't possibly cover everything, of course, but the messages can highlight some much needed gospel topics that can help us with our daily lives. We can meditate on them and pray about them and learn much.

I am pleased with the calling of Elder Eyring (now President Eyring) as a counselor in the First Presidency and Elder Cook as an Apostle. Not that I would have been disappointed with whoever might have been called--after all, it is the Lord doing the calling!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home