By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Miscellany

If you missed my comment on "June Thoughts", I passed my first CPCU test! Hurray! I'll have to wait a couple more weeks to get a detailed report of how I did, but they put up a "Pass" on my grade page on the website, so I am very relieved. However, I have seen the book for the next class/test. It's twice as thick as the last one! Oh, my.



I am having a tough time thinking of anything to write about today. I don't know why that happens. My brain is going all the time. Maybe that's the problem--it flits from one subject to another and worries about stuff in between. An undisciplined mind--that's what I've got!



In Oklahoma City, we've received more than 22 inches of rain in the past 3 months! That is a record. It's good because we've had some dry years and this will raise the water table underground and fill up the lakes, rivers, and ponds. I do think we are getting a little tired of the rain. It doesn't rain all the time--we have sunny days sometimes. It's awfully humid, though.



I have started reading Paul's letters in the scriptures. I just finished Romans. Sometimes it is difficult to understand exactly what Paul means in specific passages, but his testimony and teaching of the gospel shines through overall. Scriptures aren't always easy to understand, but with prayer and persistence, I find that they become more clear. I also think that we progress in understanding the scriptures, just as we do with everything else--step by step. Certainly it is wonderful to always be learning new things each time I read. There is great treasure to be mined in those books.



Now that I don't have to have my head buried in an insurance book all the time, I have been reading some Henry David Thoreau and sampling some other nature and science writers. Interesting stuff.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger S'mee said...

CONGRATULATIONS MARY!!!!

Much happiness and good thoughts as you start out on this new adventure!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These posts are great updates! You ended up having a lot to say. I think I have told you how I like to start at point a and just see where I will end up in writing or in a conversation. It is interesting how one things leads to the next. You are doing great studying and keeping balance!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Thanks, s'mee! Thanks, barb! It's a great relief to have passed the test!

barb, it does seem like if I just start writing, things take at least a bit of a shape and I come up with a few things to talk about!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Titus Todd said...

A belated congrats to you! And wishing you the best on the next one!

We're ahead in rainfall here as well but not by as much. Other parts of Texas are flooding - it seems to be feast or famine in some places.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Thanks, Titus! I appreciate that!

In OKC we've had 30 inches of rain so far this year--most since late March. Our normal rainfall total for one year is 36 inches! :o

We may float away--we are having flooding problems in places, though not where I live or work.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home