By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

June Thoughts

Summer is well on its way. In less than two weeks it will officially be summer in the northern hemisphere. While I don't like hot weather, I do enjoy the flowers and trees and animals--even when they make me sneeze! I do miss living in the country and being able to get a good view of the night sky. I love looking at the stars.

I have not had a good year so far. It isn't that anything major has gone wrong. Well, each thing has felt major to me at the time, but in all honesty, I knew I would survive every bit of it and I have. It's been a constant round of things like allergies/sinus problems, respiratory flu/bronchitis, a spider bite, car repairs that wiped out my savings and frustrated me no end, and some struggles with depression--probably due to the rest of the list!

I also have an insurance class going on--the final is Friday, 15 June. Then another class next fall. I have a total of 7 to take to get a professional designation.

Then there was Mother's Day and Memorial Day. Not that those are bad things, nor is the insurance class, but they add to my Things-to-Do list. I've been trying to do some writing--both for my blogs and for projects of my own that I am working on.

None of this is anything that everyone doesn't go through at times. I wish I didn't let it get to me so much, but when you don't feel well and then stuff happens, it's easy to feel a little extra discouraged and overwhelmed. I have been working on regrouping and on being more calm and serene and tranquil. The gospel helps with this immensely, of course. What would we do without the Lord?!

The Lord does help us through these things that are a part of life, but we also have to put forth the effort to do our part. I can be a real slacker, but thankfully, I can repent of my foolishness and improve. I think being humble and teachable are important parts of improving. We are then open to what the Lord wants us to learn from our various experiences. We are also open to what the Lord wants to tell us--to reveal to us.

I love the Lord and the gospel. I love that we have living prophets and apostles who can counsel us and instruct us and pass the Lord's wisdom on to us. What a great blessing we have!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read this for the first time. I'm so sorry to hear that things have been tough for you as of late. I know that you are a person with a gift for being upbeat and seek to be that way. I think everybody can feel down at times. Finances and health issues do cause their toll. And that to do list! We are here to listen!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Thanks, Barb! I just needed to vent a little, but I am feeling much better and much more on top of things now. My big test is Friday morning, but if I flunk it, I can retake it later, so I am not worrying about it even as I try to do the best I can to prepare.

Life has its ups and downs--that's for sure!!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Titus Todd said...

It's been a constant round of things like allergies/sinus problems, respiratory flu/bronchitis, a spider bite, car repairs that wiped out my savings and frustrated me no end, and some struggles with depression--probably due to the rest of the list!

Sorry to hear about all that. With all that happening I know I would get depressed. Don't go to my blog, there's a picture of a nasty black widow. Do you know what bit you?

I totally dislike car repairs (well, who doesn't) and swear my next one will be nearly new because I'm tired of repairs. A large part of a monkey on my back (debt) is from car wrecks (not my fault but I ended up footing the cost) and car repairs (one of our cars being a money pit). Now I'm dealing with wire eating spuirrels.

Your post does not qualify as a vent as you take your challenges with stride and continue forward! You don't complain enough for it to be a vent! :) But, we're here for you so if you do need to vent we'll listen and encourage you to move onward and upward!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Thanks for the support, Titus! :) I am doing better overall. It was a wolf spider that bit me--a big blister and a little pain, but not too bad. I'm grateful it wasn't a brown recluse or a black widow!!

My insurance test is tomorrow and it's a good thing--my brain is so tired I can't even think about simple things.

Cars are a pain, aren't they? I put off getting a new one because it's so nice to not have car payments, but then the repairs start. Gotta have transportation, though. Especially in OKC where everything is miles from everything else. It could be worse, though.

I'm glad I didn't sound too much like I was venting and complaining. Generally, I am pretty optimistic, but sometimes...!

I appreciate the kind words from you and Barb. That alone cheers me a lot and encourages me.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Titus Todd said...

So, how did the insurance test go? Or do you know yet? Or do you wish to disclose?

10:38 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Titus, I don't know yet how I did, but two of the three other people I took the test with got their results--one passed and one failed. The other guy wasn't at work today, so I don't know if his exam has been graded yet or not, but maybe I'll find out tomorrow. I'm on pins and needles!! I don't mind sharing--if I flunk, I'll take it over again in August and I want to be able to freely whine about it! :D

4:50 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Hey, Titus and everyone else! I PASSED my test!!!!! :D

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news, Mary! Way to go!!!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Thanks, Barb!!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Titus Todd said...

A belated congrats!!!!!!!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Thanks, Titus!

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home