By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Further Miscellany

We had a bit of a recess from spring this past week. It has been rainy, stormy at times, cool, and windy. We needed the rain, so I cannot complain about that, but we could have done without the stormier portions of the weather. What would we complain about if we couldn't complain about the weather?!!

Allergies continue to give me trouble. Would anyone like to trade sinuses with me? Healthy ones only need apply.

I enjoyed seeing Jettboy's post of "Literary Suggestions for Mormon Reading" at his Straight and Narrow Blog. Not that I'm a bookworm or anything...! His list is a good one.

At Messenger and Advocate Guy has put up another wonderful post (with photos!) from the West Africa Ghana mission. I am linking to the West Africa Ghana category at his blog so that you can see all of the mission posts he has put up. Thanks for sharing the words and pictures, Guy!

I have got to learn to put photos in my blog posts!

A fairly new blog (begun in January 2007) that is interesting to read is BoM Groupies, a study of the Book of Mormon, beginning with 1 Nephi. Follow along and offer comments!

Another blog of interest is LdsWebguy. This blog highlights information about the Church's website and other articles and information about the Church on the web. As the subtitle says:
Promoting the appropriate use of the Web to spread information about The Church
of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
I hope you will enjoy the above links!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jettboy said...

I have really enjoyed both the "BoM Groupies" and the photo essay of the Ghana Mission. There can be some really good stuff out there on the blogworld. As for my book list, it was partly inspired by one of your posts related to spiritual reading. With so many other books (right now it is "The Poe Shadow" by Matthew Pearl) someday number 10 on my blog list will be read.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Thanks, Jettboy! I thought those were some good links. And I'm glad to know I at least partly inspired something good! :D It is hard to get to all the good reading there is out there, but I keep working on it.

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you all for reading our BoM Groupies blog! Come visit often and we love getting comments!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Thanks for stopping by, Isaiahsfan! I hope to do more reading and commenting on your blog soon--it's very interesting.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary, my allergies are so much better than they were when I was in Pennsyvlania and when I returned. Well, I have not tempted them in recent years by going to a pumpkin patch or hay ride.

I like to hear about good blogs. I spend a lot of time online, but actually do not read a lot. I know that is strange how that happens. I am always looking for a good read and appreciate knowing where to turn.

We had some cool weather. Yesterday was so beautiful!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Barb, I think we here in the central US are about through with winter--I hope! We've had some beautiful days, too.

My allergy problems went beyond allergies this week. I came down with either a very bad cold or that respiratory flu. I stayed home from work one day, but struggled through the rest. I am feeling better, though!

It is always fun to find a new blog or website or something like that to look over. Sometimes I skim and sometimes I read more carefully. It depends on time and mood and all sorts of things, I guess.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home