By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Some Days are Hard

Some days are hard to get through in anything resembling a constructive manner. Today is one of those days for me. For one thing, I can't settle on anything to write about on this blog! What does one do when every little thing is a major chore and nothing comes together right? When I figure that out, I'll let you know.

Generally, I am an optimistic person. I know this feeling of slogging through molasses will pass. It always does. I know that more days are good than bad and that the bad days can still teach us things about patience and hope and faith. Not to mention persistence.

Today is one of those days when even scripture reading isn't capturing my attention like it should. Perhaps it is a very good thing that tomorrow's RS lesson is on scripture! I am aware that I should focus on the scriptures and search them, even for just a short while, and not expect to have my attention captured, but, as I said, some days....

My mind has apparently taken the day off--it feels awfully empty up there today. I look forward to tomorrow when I can go to church. Meanwhile, I still have this evening to get through.

It seems kind of silly to post this, but I have set a goal for myself of posting at least one post on each of my three blogs once a week, and so today I am trying to meet my goals, however poorly I might be doing so. I am hoping that at least maintaining important habits will make today look semi-productive in retrospect.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary, I am glad you posted about this. It didn't sound like a horrible day. It just sounded like you lacked direction. Your mind may have been slowing down a little to give a break. Thinking takes energy!

I am glad that you keep your blog up and that you have a lot to say that makes me think.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Hi, Barb! Thanks for the encouraging words! I felt quite a bit better Sunday. I probably was just a bit weary, then there is stress and allergies and things like that.

I am glad you get something out of my blogs--I always enjoy your comments.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home