By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Random Thoughts

It's cold and windy here today. Just three days ago it was 84° F. Confusing weather! My sinuses have been bothering me a lot since we've been having so much wind. Poor me!

I alternate between feeling enthusiastic and lethargic. Partly it is due to up and down weather, stress at work, and other outside factors, but partly it is due to my self-improvement efforts--it's sometimes hard to find a balance between steady progression and overwhelming myself by trying to do everything all at once. "Patience!" I keep reminding myself.

The political battles for the presidency in 2008 are starting way too early! Still, I suppose we'll learn a lot about all the candidates--too much, perhaps. If only we could settle down to looking at the issues of the day and put our minds to improving the situations with those.

Thankfully, the gospel and our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, can provide a stable anchor for our lives. If we can hang on to that eternal perspective, it will help us get through.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A blizzard last week here and 80 degree weather yesterday!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Crazy weather, isn't it?! We've had ups and downs in Oklahoma, although I do think we are past the coldest weather. It's supposed to rain most of next week, but we really need the rain, so I can't complain.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home