By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

"More Holiness Give Me"

More Holiness Give Me

By Philip Paul Bliss (1838-1876)

More holiness give me,
More strivings within,
More patience in suff’ring,
More sorrow for sin,
More faith in my Savior,
More sense of his care,
More joy in his service,
More purpose in prayer.

More gratitude give me,
More trust in the Lord,
More pride in his glory,
More hope in his word,
More tears for his sorrows,
More pain at his grief,
More meekness in trial,
More praise for relief.

More purity give me,
More strength to o’ercome,
More freedom from earthstains,
More longing for home.
More fit for the kingdom,
More used would I be,
More blessed and holy—
More, Savior, like thee.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger S'mee said...

Love this! Seems perfect for this New Year!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Amira said...

This is one of my favorite hymns. I remember singing it in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. And we sang it in church yesterday. I think it's really a nice list of spiritual gifts.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

s'mee, I thought it is a great list of new year's resolutions!

Amira, I'll bet it was wonderful to sing this hymn in Jerusalem--and to just be in Jerusalem.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

That was my favorite hymn for a while.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are times when I think of this hymm. Just thinking of it helps me be a better person. At least when I am thinking of it. :)

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home