By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Temple

Every year in the middle of November, our stake has what we call Days of Thanksgiving. It is a Thursday and Friday of concentrated temple work. This year the days were 9 and 10 November. I was a little late getting my days off work confirmed and so I only got into two sessions yesterday. But what wonderful sessions they were!

I love going to the temple. We are blessed to have one here in Oklahoma City. Going to the temple is like touching base for me, like going home for a brief time. It strengthens my vision of eternity and helps me remember more clearly what this life is all about. I also love the peace and quiet there. And sitting quietly in the Celestial Room.

It is good to review covenants and other things that we learn there and to ponder them--and just to think about God.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great way to "Give Thanks!"

12:54 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Hi, Barb! Yes, I like the concept of showing our appreciation to the Lord by serving in the temple--taking the time to concentrate on Him and His work.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home