By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Psalm 23

I have no brilliant analysis. It is just beautiful to contemplate.


PSALM 23


1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for bringing back a very special and personal memory to my heart in relation to this Psalm and a family memory who died a few years ago.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Barb, you're welcome. It's a beautiful scripture, isn't it? "He restoreth my soul"

2:03 PM  
Blogger S'mee said...

as a little girl I had to memorize this passage of scripture. I loved it then and I still do. I enjoy it in music as well.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

It's beautiful, isn't it?

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"He restoreth my soul," "What more can he say," "He lives!" Have you ever noticed how often the most meaningful scripture contains an economy of words?

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home