By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

I Love General Conference

I have so enjoyed General Conference. Great talks, beautiful music. I'm not taking notes this time, but Guy Murray at Messenger and Advocate has done a fantastic job of notes and has put up pictures of the GAs and Auxilary Leaders who've spoken or given a prayer. He also links to other threads/posts around the Bloggernacle for your perusal and edification. Thanks, Guy!

It seems like every talk has been something I needed to hear. I loved the one on patience yesterday. They have all covered material I need to pay attention to. Here's to improving my life!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger David said...

And it was wonderful to see President Hinckley so strong at the end. He sounded more like his old self during his final comments than he had the rest of conference. What a treat to see him wave his cane to the crowd and wave kisses. It was also touching to see the audience rise during the singing of "We Thank Thee Oh God For A Prophet."

3:26 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

I had to do without the visuals since I listened over the internet, but I look forward to watching the videos when they are up online. President Hinckley sounded good.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would not let me make a comment under the post written by Jettboy that you copied here. I want to say that they were excellent insights. I will never look at Omni the same way!

I was so grateful to watch General Conference. Once again, I felt prepared for the talks as certain insights that I have had or pondered of late were in talks.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Barb, I closed comments on that one and on the one to my guest post on A Prayer of Faith, so that people would put all their comments over there on the host site. Thanks for your comment, though. I have found Omni fascinating on several levels, and it makes me want to know more about the lives of those who left something written there.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how people can watch Conference and come away with entirely different takes on what was said depending on their own individual needs.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home