By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thanks, s'mee!

My friend s'mee has graciously nominated me for a Thinking Blogger award. I am surprised, but grateful for the kind things she said in her post at knot in the string. Thank you, s'mee!

Now I need to nominate five people whose blogs make me think. Hmmm. Let me see....

1. Amira at The Golden Road to Samarqand: Thoughtful Spot is a favorite blogger. Her posts cover a wide variety of topics and are always interesting. She makes me think about new things. Her perspective is world-wide, and she has a kind heart.

2. Guy Murray at Messenger and Advocate is another favorite. He writes intelligent posts and is interesting to read, even when I don't agree with him. He provides me with a different view of some things, which can only help me broaden my horizons.
Like Amira, he has a kind heart.

3. Michelle at Mulling and Musing provides me with some really spiritual thinking. Her posts are full of insights and ideas that strengthen my soul. I really appreciate her for what she has to say and for her kindness to me. She also posts at A Prayer of Faith and guests at Blogger of Jared.

4. Naiah at Naiahdot is another blogger who writes well and has interesting insights to share. Her posts are found on other blogs as well (such as A Prayer of Faith and Blogger of Jared) and she covers a lot of ground. I admire her a lot for all she contributes. And she, too, is a kind soul.

5. Titus Todd of BResponsible is yet another blogger who makes me think. He writes about politics and society and urges us all on to responsibility in our thinking and doing. And, yes, he is a kind man, too! He also blogs at Trekking.

There are many others whose blog posts mean a lot to me and who make me think and have offered me their friendship. But I really need to stop at five so everyone else will have someone to nominate!!

To the five above, you can go here to get your button and to read the rules (they're simple!).

Again, thank you, s'mee, not only for the nomination, but for the opportunity to pass it on!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Amira said...

Thanks, Mary. You should have nominated your scholar blog- that's one of the thinkingest blogs around. Even though I usually don't agree with you. :) I suppose you can't nominate yourself though.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Guy Murray said...

Hi Mary,

How flattering you would suggest me as one who makes you think. You're way too kind. I'll have to give some thought to this as there are so many more deserving than I. Thanks again!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Guy and Amira, you are both very welcome. You really do make me think and it doesn't matter if we don't see eye-to-eye on some topics--it's always good to have multiple viewpoints out there for everyone to consider!!

2:35 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Oh, and, Amira, I never thought of nominating myself--what a missed opportunity!!! :D

2:36 AM  
Blogger S'mee said...

Mary, you are the kind of person I would love to meet in person. You seem to have such good intent and no guile. I love that about you. So you are welcome, and deserving! And yeah, that other nomination would have been good also.

(I had a zillion people on my list...shhhh. no one seemed to notice)

8:07 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Thank you, s'mee. I appreciate your saying those nice things. I've often thought it would be great to meet you and your sisters. Maybe someday.... And I won't tell anyone that you had a zillion people on your list! :D

3:44 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Oops! A double post! :(

3:46 PM  
Blogger Titus Todd said...

Thank you for your very kind comments! I need to blog more often. While I have lots of thoughts running around, stopping to put them down is my biggest issue. I check out your blogs on a regular basis because they are thoughtful, inciteful and point me to information I would not otherwise be aware of. Thank you for your efforts!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

You're welcome, Titus! Thanks for stopping by. You make me think, too, so I'd say our blogging is a good thing!

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary, I read about this award going around at Ethesis as Stephen was nominated. I agreed that Stephen really fit the profile. Your name came to mind as well!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Thanks, Barb! Stephen is good at making us think, isn't he? There are a number of thought-provoking bloggers out there. Certainly more than I listed above, but I felt like I should limit my list to five!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home