By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

General Conference Weekend

Hurray! General Conference weekend is here at last! Today's talks were, as usual, wonderfully instructive and uplifting. The afternoon session from the Tabernacle, which included the re-dedication of the Tabernacle building, was spiritual and had some wonderful tidbits of history and personal remembrances by the speakers.

Guy Murray has and is putting up some great conference notes and photos on his website, Messenger and Advocate. I recommend it highly and thank him for all the work he goes to for such great posts. He also links some other open conference threads from there, so I won't link anything else here.

I hope all of you get a chance to listen to/watch some or all of conference. It's inspiring to hear the music and the talks and the prayers.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger T. F. Stern said...

Here is where having a high speed connection starts to pay off; being able to watch conference in my living room in HD via BYU tv on the internet. It only shut down a couple of times and reset itself.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Guy Murray said...

Hi Mary,

Yes, this afternoon's session was spectacular I thought. It was steeped not only in history but also spirituality. It was a very moving session of conference. Thanks as always for your kinds words and the link.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Ah, T.F., you make me envious! I'm glad that you can enjoy conference that way--it must be great!

Guy, thank you for doing such a great job on the conference threads!

And thank you both for stopping by.

2:32 AM  
Blogger m_and_m said...

byu.tv did not work for us at all this time...we had to resort to an audio feed.

I found this last session particularly powerful. I also thought the testimonies tied with the Tabernacle were powerful as well.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed watching General Conference right from my living room.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

M&M and Barb, good to hear from you! A lot of people on the blogs commented that they'd had trouble getting video feeds.

The sessions were full of things I needed to hear. And I loved the bits of history and personal remembrance about the Tabernacle on Saturday afternoon. Great conference (as usual)!!

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home