By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Enduring to the End

"Press On" by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles is a talk printed in the November 2004 Ensign. It is a talk I found very meaningful and I recommend it highly.

One quote from the talk is as follows:



The question “Why me?” can be a difficult one to answer and often leads to frustration and despair. There is a better question to ask ourselves. That question is “What could I learn from this experience?”


Another is:



Some think of enduring to the end as simply suffering through challenges. It is so much more than that—it is the process of coming unto Christ and being perfected in Him.

Enduring to the end is one of the requirements of gaining eternal life. It is something we all need to do and something we all struggle with. I found Elder Wirthlin's talk to be encouraging and explanatory. It is hard to keep in mind all that we need to do and to be, but having some favorite talks to refer to helps.


Enjoy.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa M. said...

This talk had a huge impact on me. I can't even begin to express how this "talk" spoke to me.

When Ethan was born, and his life was in the balance, and my whole world seemed pear shaped ...
Although I can honestly say, I didn't articulate; "Why me" I did ask the classic questions, "What have I done to deserve this?" and "Have I been *that* bad?" You know, those slowly seeping deceptive questions that seek into our souls, when we need the spirit with in us the very most.

I have written about the spiritual trials during this time, and the darkness that seemed to engulf me.

Elder Wirthlin's talk has been something I have clung too. It IS, "encouraging and explanatory!"

I carry it with me always.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting. It always helps to gain perspective.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home