By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Miscellany

Bryce Inouye has done a very cool thing here at Milennial Star--namely make a map of bloggernacleites. Or bloggernacleans. Or whatever we are. I'm right smack in the middle. Thanks, Bryce!

Well, I totally missed the brouhaha over Banner of Heaven. Too bad.

Let's see. What else is going on? Today is Halloween. (Big surprise, eh? Bet you forgot all about it and now you have no costume to go trick-or-treating in.)

My head is spinning trying to keep up with what is going on in the government and in the Supreme Court nominations. I will be glad when things settle down a bit, but I'm sure it'll be awhile.

Please go over to Times & Seasons and read Wilfried Decoo's piece entitled "Coffee." I think it is an important article that will give you some things to consider. We really do not know what someone else's life is like from the inside, do we?

I need to get busy and post to my blog more often, don't I? I so enjoy reading all of your blogs.

Happy Halloween!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "Coffee" link Mary, it hits real close to home.

Pop

10:37 AM  
Blogger Bryce said...

The map is a lot of fun. Thanks for pointing people to it.

I like how it gives me one more thing to help me remember who every one is. You're now Mary in Oklahoma to me.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary, I never read the Banner of Heaven until after the identities were revealed. I was suspicious of a blog that had a title so close to a book that I believe makes light of mainstream Mormons. Well, I have gone there since. DKL as a feminist. Now that is funny!

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had seen the Coffee post at Times and Seasons but did not read as I am rather selective in what grabs my attention. I am so glad for your link that drew me to it. What a humbling story. I am glad that my nonmember family is supportive of my religion. In fact, at one point when I was not going to Church due to my personal problems(namely ocd(, my dad and my mom had a talk and decided that I was much happier when I went to Church. They really encouraged me to go. If only it were so easy. My dad did spot The Other Side of Heaven on cable the other day. We had never seen it. How powerful! My mom caught the end of it too. We both had tears in our eyes when the Elder was near starvation and the minister of the other faith comes to him. I know that is a bit of a tangent, but I wanted to share. :)

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb,

I am so happy to hear of the support from your nonmember family. Always remember to thank Heavenly Father for this blessing.

Pop

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words and good advice, Pop!

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home