By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Instruments in the Hands of God

Relief Society General Conference was good last night. It inspired me and motivated me to try to do better. In some ways I am charitable, but in other ways it is a struggle. I find it, for example, easy to give money, but when it comes to give time and effort, well, let's just say I need to improve!

I am sure we all struggle with aspects of charity and service. I feel that we should recognize what we do right and that we are improving, rather than just beating ourselves up for not being perfect. That was one thing that was mentioned last night, more than once.

I do have to admit that the theme, "Instruments in the Hands of God," always makes me think of that old, yet famous, sermon, "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God." I am glad we focus on more positive aspects of the gospel and in encouraging one another, rather than hearing those types of sermons, although it might do us good once in awhile!!

Next week is General Conference. Can't wait!!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I can't wait for conference either! It's gonna be great.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Lisa M. said...

I couldn't agree more. To focus on what we do well, and what we can improve, with out guilt and with a conscience thought of spiritual development.

The idea of being a true "instrument in the hands of God" is empowering.

I too, am looking forward to General conference.

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I have been thinking lately how I am glad that are Sermons are not typically of the Puritan, "Fire and Brimstome" variety. I agree that we all have different strengths and weaknesses when it comes to charity. I think there are many things that each of us are good at that can be a way of serving others with joy. Your blog is a great example of that. :) Other service may be a bit out of our comfort zone or may come at an inconvenient time. I have not yet heard the Relief Society talk so I am anxious to glean what I can from it when I do.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home