By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Making the Grade by John Tvedtnes

Meridian Magazine is publishing a series of five articles called "Making the Grade" by John Tvedtnes. So far, there are three of them up. In these essays, John Tvedtnes is discussing how to learn. Although directed more at young people, I think they are of interest to anyone who seeks education, whether through schooling or through personal study. Here are links to the three up so far:

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

See what you think. I have read through them once and thought there were some good points and ideas, although there should be more to come in the remaining two articles.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary, you probably know by now that one of my hobbies is educational psychology. I guess the fact that I was studying to be a teacher at one time lends itself to this hobby. I recall in psychology 102 learning that students often study without releasing the importance of not merely reciting the information. They need to take time to quiz themselves without looking at the material. This helps them know if they have really mastered it. I think that people learn differently and it is exciting to "crack the code."

9:28 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

I like to teach at church and to work on self-education, so I'm always interested in reading about such things as Bro. Tvedtnes wrote about. That he brought in a gospel viewpoint, too, was great.

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home