By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

An Amoeba-Sized Post on Evolution

I don't really have anything scintillating to discuss about evolution, but I have enjoyed the post and comments over at M* and wanted to link to that in case anyone missed it.

I have also added two sites to my sidebar under "Science," one for (Talk Origins) and one against (Science Against Evolution). Yeah, I carry the fairness thing to extremes sometimes! ;>D

I personally do not believe that evolution is the answer. And, yes, I am aware that many people think I am ignorant, uneducated, or silly. But that's the way it goes. I am not offended.

Back to the M* discussion, it was interesting with several participants and a number of links to sites and talks, so I wanted to point it out. Enjoy.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary A said...

Thanks, CS! I agree with your comments. I do wish we had more definitive information in Abraham--more to work with. At least our brains get plenty of exercise as we think through these kinds of issues!!

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Prophet Joseph Smith taught that we would have much to learn beyond the veil. Perhaps, just perhaps, this is one of the things that we will have to wait to fully learn and know.

Pop

9:01 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

I expect you are right, Pop. I think God would rather have us pay attention to those things that will lead us to our salvation--prayer, temple work & genealogy, charity, etc., etc. I have wondered if that is why the General Authorities don't talk much about some of the deeper doctrines and other issues anymore--because the Lord wants us to concentrate on the basics until we are much better at doing those things. That's just my speculation, of course, but you never know!!!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think perhaps you are right, Mary. We need to walk before we run.

Pop

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,

I think you hit the nail on the head. We do not do the basics well enough yet to get to any of the "mysteries." If we, as a people, could get past that point - where we do the basics so well - then the "mystries" would "distil upon [our] soul[s] like the dews from Heaven."

Mark

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home