By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Thinking About Writing a Book Review?

Have you ever thought about writing a book review of some of your favorite books for your blog? Or for your local newspaper? I have--the blog part at least! But I didn't feel I knew where to start or quite how to write one. For my sake and yours, I have added two new links to my sidebar, under "Writing," to help us do this. One is How to Write a Book Review and the other is Writing a Book Review. There are a number of bloggers who already write interesting book reviews, but I felt inadequate to the task and thought some of you might want some help, too. Maybe I'll eventually tackle one! Or two!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were an English major, Mary? :-)

Pop

3:00 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Well, yeah, Pop. You would have to mention that!

I just feel sort of inadequate about how to write a book review--you know, what all to include. Actually, I could write it anyway I want, but I like to have a starting point. Know the rules before I break them. That sort of thing.

I'd also like to brush up on my essay writing so my blog posts would make more sense. :D

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Know the rules before I break them," oh my! Say goodnight Mary; goodnight Mary.

Pop

3:23 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Goodnight, Mary. :D

Mary

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home