By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Weekend

I have finally overcome the bronchitis and the sinus infection (although my allergies are still giving me fits) and am more or less healthy after several weeks of relapses and weariness. Tomorrow is Easter Sunday and I will be driving up to visit my brother and his family.

Yesterday was Good Friday, the traditional day of Christ's crucifixion, and tomorrow is the traditional day of Christ's resurrection. I hope we have all spent some time contemplating the great sacrifice that Jesus Christ made to make salvation possible for each one of us. It is, perhaps, more than we can fully understand, but we know enough to know that Christ has made it possible for all to be resurrected and has made it possible for those who accept the Atonement to be redeemed. It is a great deal to be grateful for.

There is much in the life of Jesus Christ to think about and to apply to our lives. We see His examples for obedience, charity, love, honesty, meekness, and so many other things. I realize I have a lot to do to become more like Him, but that if I will patiently persist, I can accomplish that most important goal.

It touches my heart that our Heavenly Father loves us enough to provide us with scripture, prayer, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and so many other things to help us change ourselves for the better and work toward returning to His presence after we have completed this life. He is also patient with us, which is a great blessing and an example that we should emulate as we interact with those around us. And with ourselves.

May you all have a happy and blessed Easter and may you think often of Jesus Christ and all that He has done for us.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger T. F. Stern said...

Glad you're feeling better; we've been fortunate, so far (knock on wood) and have avoided any of the nasties that have befallen so many of our family and friends. Our Jen and Justin might not get to come over for dinner on Easter as they both have the "crud".

Thanks again for your visits and your comments.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

You're welcome, TF.

I'm glad I'm feeling better, too!! I hope you continue to avoid getting sick. Hope the little ones are feeling better. This has been an awful flu season.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary, it so good to hear you are doing better. One of my good local friends has had her health trials this year and it seems to have gone on for a couple of months.

Thank you for your thoughts this Easter Season. My family had a nice celebration at our home. My little nieces were so cute in their matching yellow dresses. I like traditions. They may not have a lot to do with the real meaning of the day. However, it meant a lot to my family to recognize that it was a day worth being together as a family and having the little ones dressed up.--Barb

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home