By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Reflections

We had a bit of a snowstorm yesterday. It was still warm enough that when I went to work, I didn't have any trouble. By the time we got off work yesterday evening, though, it had turned icy. Not fun, but I did get home safely.

I took a vacation day today (I have about 4 weeks of vacation saved up and get another day and a half every month.) since I had a routine doctor's appointment. Naturally, since I wasn't in any hurry, I got right in and out! Then I did a few errands and came home. It was still a little icy this morning. We got down to 15 for our morning low. We've had sunshine, though, and it's supposed to reach a high of about 49, so everything should melt.

There are too many distractions in this old world, if you ask me. I sometimes wish I lived in a simpler time, although I sure like our modern conveniences. I am thankful to live in a time when the restored gospel is again on earth, too. It's just that there are so many things to think about and do. There is so much information floating around out there, not to mention entertainment. Priorities and goals help, but those distractions are there, distracting us. Focus and concentration--two attributes I need to work on. Not to mention patience.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't Patience, Prudence's sister?

4:22 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Why, yes, JR. I believe they are sisters. Twins, perhaps. :D

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life was so hard before modern conveniences. While I have romanticized about the era, I don't know if I could have managed. I do think that people had more time for people a lot of times in those days despite the demanding work.--Barb

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Barb, I'm sure life was hard before conveniences, but, at the same time, if you've never had the conveniences, you wouldn't miss them. I guess we should just be grateful for whatever we have and whatever time we live in. I do agree, too, that people had more time for people in times past. I think we don't talk enough, or work together enough now. Of course, we could make more effort to do those things that bond us to one another. We just need to unplug the electronics!!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home