By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley

There are so many nice tributes to President Hinckley around the Bloggernacle and in the newspapers. I really don't have anything to add. I did want to say, though, that President Hinckley was (is) a dear man who will be greatly missed. He was wonderful for the Church and for the saints. I appreciated his traveling so much so that he could visit the saints all over the world.

As sad as I am at his passing, however, I am happy for him. I would guess that he was tired and ready to move on to the next life. We all know that he missed Sister Hinckley a great deal and I am happy that they are together again.

My prayers go out to all his family and friends and fellow saints.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary A said...

Thanks, TF!

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone put it at one blog, we bloggers are without a Prophet. I think he said that blogging really began after he was Prophet. I am grateful for the connection that we have with the fellow Saints at this time. -Barb

8:33 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Barb, I hadn't thought about that, but blogging is a phenomena of President Hinckley's time. I'm glad that the saints can support one another. I've had a couple of non-members at work ask me about President Hinckley since they had heard of his death, and it gave me a chance to explain a little about our church.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home