By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Merry Christmas

This time of year always brings me to a contemplation of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and all He has done for us. It also makes me think of family and friends and the many good things we are blessed with--warmth and shelter, a beautiful world to live in, trees and animals and stars in the sky, to name but a few blessings.

Stars remind me of the special bright star that shone over Bethleham two thousand years ago. I imagine the manger in the stable and Mary and Joseph sitting with the Baby Jesus and pondering the many things that had happened to them and wondering about the future. I imagine God looking down on the scene and pouring out blessings upon the little family.

I think of the shepherds and the wisemen and their coming to see and worship Jesus as He lay in the manger, yet a baby, but with so much to come in the future. I like to think of the stable as being peaceful and warm with the presence of the animals who lived there. It must have been wonderful that night.

Now it seems distant--long ago and far away. Yet every year at Christmas we can reconnect to that scene. And every day, every hour, we can reconnect with Jesus Christ as we think of Him and pray to our Heavenly Father in His name and read of His teachings and example in our scriptures.

Christmas is a time to think on these things, but we can keep this Christmas spirit in our hearts throughout the year. May we do so. And may God bless all of you. Merry Christmas!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that I can comment as it worked on a friends site just now. I enjoy your thoughts year around and your well-wishes at the holidays. I keep coming back as I consider you a treasured friend who has a lot of great insights! Merry Christmas to all! Barb

6:13 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Merry Christmas, Barb! I'm glad you enjoy my blog. You are a great friend and I always look forward to your comments. God bless you and your family!

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home