By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Gifts

The Little Drummer Boy


(Davis-Onorati-Simeone)



Come they told me (pa-rum pum pum pum)

A newborn King to see (pa-rum pum pum pum)

Our finest gifts we bring (pa-rum pum pum pum)

To lay before the King (pa-rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum)

So to honor Him (pa-rum pum pum pum)

when we come


Baby Jesu (pa-rum pum pum pum)

I am a poor boy too (pa-rum pum pum pum)

I have no gift to bring (pa-rum pum pum pum)

that's fit to give our King (pa-rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum)

Shall I play for You? (pa-rum pum pum pum)

On my drum


Mary nodded (pa-rum pum pum pum)

The ox and lamb kept time (pa-rum pum pum pum)

I played my drum for Him (pa-rum pum pum pum)

I played my best for Him (pa-rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum)

Then He smiled at me (pa-rum pum pum pum)

Me and my drum

In the Bleak Midwinter
By Christina Rossetti


In the bleak mid-winter
Frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron,
Water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow,
Snow on snow,
In the bleak mid-winter
Long ago.

Our God, Heaven cannot hold Him
Nor earth sustain;
Heaven and earth shall flee away
When He comes to reign:
In the bleak mid-winter
A stable-place sufficed
The Lord God Almighty,
Jesus Christ.

Enough for Him, whom cherubim
Worship night and day,
A breastful of milk
And a mangerful of hay;
Enough for Him, whom angels
Fall down before,
The ox and ass and camel
Which adore.

Angels and archangels
May have gathered there,
Cherubim and seraphim
Thronged the air,
But only His mother
In her maiden bliss,
Worshipped the Beloved
With a kiss.

What can I give Him,
Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd
I would bring a lamb,
If I were a wise man
I would do my part,
Yet what I can I give Him,
Give my heart.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home