By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Thoughts

After two weeks off, you would think I would have something brilliant to post on my blogs. Alas! That's not the case. I seem to be doing a lot of thinking about a lot of different topics, but none to any conclusions. Sometimes, I think it is possible to think too much!

I looked around the Bloggernacle to see what others were writing about, but nothing struck me as a topic that I wanted to tackle. I do enjoy reading other blogs, but many of them contain such good, well-written posts that I can't see what I could add to the subject.

I think, too, that I get distracted by Real Life, which is not an altogether bad thing. After all, we are here to live our lives and not just write about them.

Another distraction for me is that I am interested in a great many subjects and I flit from one to another. I don't seem to settle on any one thing long enough to learn much about it or complete a project.

I think about enduring to the end and all that that means. I do not think it means just existing, or just avoiding major sins and mistakes. I think it means taking positive action in doing good. It means setting priorities so that I am moving in the right direction and that I have my ladder against the right wall. It means a lot of things that I don't think I am doing well enough. I try to avoid discouragement because that seems to derail my efforts altogether. God means for us to press on as best we can in whatever circumstances we find ourselves.

Well, life goes on. What do you do to keep your life on the right track and keep discouragement out of the picture?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger T. F. Stern said...

I make sure to go to the temple once a week, kind of a calm in the middle of the storm; works for me.

word verification is getting tough on my eyes. I hope I eventually get to leave my comment, third time is the charm...

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was discouraged recently because I did not make it outside to achieve a goal. But I know that when I get sick, it makes me happy that I can do as much as I do.

I like so many subjects too. I do have some overlap in my studies. I try to read a page of each. I know I would get more done probably if I would just read a book straight through, but I feel like I'm missing out too much in the other subjects. I do better with my hand held books in reading large amounts at time than online books. But I so love my online library.--Barb

1:38 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

TF, yeah, that word verification can be a pain. The temple is probably the best thing a person can do. Like you said, it's a calm in the middle of the storm, but at the same time, you're serving. Nice.

Barb, it can be discouraging when illness keeps us from completing plans we've made, but you have the right idea--be thankful for what we can do. I'm like you on studying, too. I'd love to read entire books, but can't bear to neglect my other interests, so I read a little here and a little there and work on this project and then on that one!

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home