By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Updates on My Life

I took last week off from blogging because I wanted to concentrate on General Conference. I had trouble with the audio feed (forget about trying to watch video feed!) and depended on Guy Murray's excellent conference reports at Messenger and Advocate. Thanks, Guy!!

Monday I broke down and ordered high speed internet (I've been using dial-up--don't laugh). I installed it last night and a whole new world has opened up for me. There was a time when dial-up was fine--I could watch the GC video feed just fine. But these days dial-up just can't really keep up. I was reluctant to get high speed internet for a number of reasons, but to my pleasant surprise, I didn't have to install a second phone line, change my email address, or anything else. And the service I got is only $5.05 a month more than dial-up. Of course, I didn't get the super high speed service--I'm not a gamer or a music/movie downloader. It's just fine for me. I also was able to install it myself, so I wasn't out any money to have a technician come out to do that. Oh, and now my phone works even when I'm online!!! Not that I like to talk on the phone, but I'm sure it annoyed people who were trying to call me.

I'm sure there are plenty of technologically advanced people out there who are reading this with stunned amazement that it took me so long to make this simple upgrade, but sometimes I am reluctant to change. (I'll skip the long, involved self-analysis on that.)

Also, about 9 days ago I got new glasses. I can see! I can see! Actually, I could see just fine anyway--except when trying to read. My arms weren't long enough and the print wasn't large enough to read comfortably anymore. Darn aging process!! My friends at work say my new glasses (I got new frames, too.) make me look sophisticated and intellectual. Well, if I can at least look that way...!

I am over the bronchitis and sinus infections, but bronchitis is starting up in the office again. I am eating my veggies and staying away from sick people as best I can. I bought a giant bottle of hand sanitizer for work, too. Now I just need a giant can of Lysol...!

Spring is here, which is good, but we in Oklahoma can get some awful storms, so it has its downside, too. But with more sun and some warm days, I am perking up considerably. Life is good.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the 21st Century, Mary. :-)

12:14 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Thank you, JR! :D

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my high speed is one of my favorite luxuries! I worked on Saturday so missed those sessions. I was able to watch on Sunday. I wish that they had it on a lower cable channel as we only have two t.v's that high of channel as it requires a convertor box. One of those t.v.'s is out. The room it was in is not one really to spend a long time in. I miss my family catching parts of sessions when they are in ear shot. My mom was in ear shot but much less briefly than before.-Barb

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home