By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

In This Election Year...

This is an election year in the United States of America. We are preparing to elect a President in November, as well as other representatives in the government. It is a very important responsibility for the voters and I can't think of a better time to read President Ezra Taft Benson's October 1987 General Conference talk, titled "Our Divine Constitution", published in the November 1987 Ensign.

I hope that we all will take seriously our duties and obligations as citizens of this great country and will study the issues and the candidates and make wise decisions about voting.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I already have made a wise choice about voting. We have been told to vote for honorable wo/men. There are none, therefore I will not be voting, especially not voting for the least evil.

I imagine judgment day and having to answer to my God why I cast my support for the "least" evil.

I will not support being ruled by evil, for the lesser evil is still evil.

5:47 PM  
Blogger T. F. Stern said...

Those who say, "I'm not voting because not one of the candidates is perfect", must be awfully lonely down here on this imperfect place inhabited by nothing but sinners.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Apologies for not responding to comments sooner.

Anonymous, while I can somewhat understand your feelings, my own are that not voting at all will hand the election to the worse candidate. I also feel that while McCain is misguided on some issues, he is a good and honorable man, and now that he has chosen a solid conservative for VP, that makes the Republican ticket all the more attractive to me.

TF, I think you make a good point--no one is perfect and all fall short, including ourselves. We have to do the best we can with the hand we are dealt.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home