By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

The New Year is Here--2005

It is finally here--the new year we've been anticipating lately. I like the year change. It feels like a fresh start. I made a list of resolutions for the new year, but what I would like to do is not get hung up on having to do them all perfectly right away. I think that perhaps the best way is to think in terms of lifestyle change and to work on these things day by day, regardless of whether it is 1 January or not.

I am sad about the tsunami. I plan to donate money to the church's Humanitarian Aid fund tomorrow because I feel the church has good methods in place for distributing aid. I also plan to put something in every month from now on and not wait for a disaster. There are often situations that call for aid and it seems useful for the fund to receive a steady stream of donations. Also, I can budget for it and perhaps give more in the long run than just coming up with an amount in a crisis situation. I have noticed that I tend to donate the same things every month and I need to occasionally evalute how much I am donating as well as to what funds--take a more active role, so to speak. A person's tithes and offerings are a very personal thing to decide about, but if we will think about it and do what we can, I am sure the Lord will be pleased with our efforts to help others.

Best wishes to all for a very Happy New Year!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of these places were pretty dismal to begin with and now are even more so. If you haven't been to other places, especially Asia, you haven't any idea how the other half lives. Donating thru the Church is a VERY good idea as the money will be used wisely and go to it's intended purpose.

Pop

6:44 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Thanks for your comments, lizzy and Pop. A Happy New Year to you both!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home