By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Ward Realignment

They have redrawn the ward boundaries in our stake. We lost some people out of our ward, but we are gaining the Spanish branch, who will have their own sacrament, but combine with us for everything else. They don't have enough kids to really have all the Primary, YW, and YM programs and activities, and I don't think they have enough adults to offer the various Sunday School classes, so it will be a good thing.

I am sure the Spanish branch members are working on English, but this will be an opportunity for me to have more Spanish-speakers to practice my Spanish on and get it improved.

On top of everything else, we will be meeting new people and getting to know them. I tend to be shy, but after awhile, even I can make new friends! I will, of course, miss some of the ones who were transferred to a new ward, but we can still keep in touch if we want to. Maybe I'll get to speak in Sacrament one of these days, if the ward is smaller!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger M.A. said...

I haven't heard how the ward alignment went down- kind of isolated over in the singles ward. I figured I would wait until stake conference to figure out what was going on with the other wards. I'd been considering going to my geographical ward rather than the singles ward, but I will probably just stay with the singles.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Mike, they made some long, narrow (north-south) strips and created a new Quail Creek ward. Someone said the singles ward would go to Edmond, but I don't know if that is more than a rumor. I'm sure they'll be talking about it for the next several Sundays--through Stake Conference at least.

I think a couple of the northernmost wards went into the Stillwater Stake. I didn't go to the big meeting on the 21st, so my information is somewhat vague!

3:31 PM  
Blogger M.A. said...

I'm still down in the Norman singles ward since I'm living down here. While I worked in the city I went to the singles ward in your stake for a bit because I was thinking of moving up there- but I just ended up staying down here. There have been a lot of re-organizations going on. Kenta Hood was talking about how your stake was being re-organized but I didn't know how it ended up- and they also did some re-organizing down here in Norman. I'm pretty sure they didn't make a new ward here- but changed things somehow.

I just figured I could talk to the stake president about all the new stuff in the stakes around here. It is strange to see so many wards up in the OKC stake- the boundaries are totally different than when I lived there ('93-'97)

10:06 PM  
Blogger S'mee said...

I am not sure this will even get read because I am posting so late; but...

In our area, once they realligned everyone we gained a Spainish Branch and a Singles Branch. In three -five short years we now have a Singles WARD and also a Spanish WARD.

Wahooo! Change is good. For us at least, it made way for "room to grow!"

10:10 AM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Hey, s'mee! I read you! I think that was the goal--to make room to grow. Hopefully, we will. Meanwhile, it is good to meet some people we haven't gone to church with before and get to know them.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home