By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Updated Blog

I've been tinkering with my blog and have added some color and some features in the sidebar. I've also got the links a bit more readable and also the comments. This is a big deal for someone who is technologically challenged, as I am!

I wish things weren't so far down on the sidebar, but that's the way it is. I've added Books I'm Reading and a Quote. In addition, I've added Other Links for several topics. I don't have very many up yet, but plan to add a few more to each topic. I want to add ones I think you'll enjoy. You may already be familiar with some, of course, but maybe occasionally you'll find something new to enjoy.

The colors are limited to titles and headings to make them stand out. I like black ink on parchment, but got to thinking a little color here and there would be nice. I hope it's easier to read, as well. I learned something interesting. Apparently, different browsers show my blog in different sizes. A friend told me that it was easier to read in Microsoft's Explorer and so I tried it at work and it does look noticeably larger and easier to read. I hope that the changes I've made will make it easier on the eyes no matter what browser you have.

I've got 39 posts up, dating back to October 2004, so have a look around. Maybe you'll see something of interest.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I like the color and the new format. My email seems to be receiving okay. I am afraid to send if someone does not have a good anti-virus as I think I have a virus. I have McAvee but it does not seem to be scanning outgoing as it did.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Glad you like the way my blog looks now! I keep tinkering with it and changing things around, but it is helping me learn a little HTML. I'll send you an email in a day or two then, but don't worry about answering while your computer is acting funny. I won't expect it.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Amira said...

I like the new look too, Mary.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see a heading on the side panel that reads recreational math. That's funny! from someone who avoids math :)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Mary A said...

Thanks, amira! Barb, I thought that was funny, too! I don't know enough to do a lot of that stuff, but I have to admit I always liked math--it was like a game or a puzzle to me. :D

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have really had a lot of great blogs lately! I love people who take life long learning seriously! Thank you for the link on the side about poetry. I am learning a lot about forms that I never heard of before.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home