By Study and Also By Faith

An LDS (Mormon) blog representing a search for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

After Sunday's Conference Sessions

Well, conference is over for another 6 months. No big changes announced. Maybe what President Hinckley was referring to when he was joking with the reporter about a secret was that his son would be called as a Seventy.

Lots of good talks today and, once again, my mind can't retain them all. I liked Elder Bednar's talk on the tender mercies of the Lord. And they sang my favorite hymn, "Praise to the Lord, the Almighty." I say my favorite--I have a number of favorite hymns, just as I have a number of favorite scriptures!

I thought President Hinckley's talk about what the Lord revealed to the Prophet Joseph Smith was good. It was a useful way to talk about the Prophet and about what is different in the LDS church. I would think nonmembers and new members would gain understanding from hearing that.

I guess I will just have to listen again when they put the sessions up on the internet. It helps me most when I get my hands on the conference issue of the Ensign.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual, there were so many talks that were relevant to what I needed to hear at the place I am in my Earthly sojourn. I often here talks that reaffirm insights that I may have had recently. I also hear talks to remind me of weaknesses that I specifically need to work on at present.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home